Autumn-a-Saurus

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 05, 2009

Random Thoughts and Pictures


Someone told me that if we blow into these little holes we'll get balloons...

It's been a while so I'll just try to catch everyone up. We've been rather busy lately what with it being so nice outside and light so late. We've had friends over to play, friends over to swim in our pool, started exploring some local parks and playgrounds, picked strawberries, and are currently visiting family in South Dakota. I have been moved to a different position in my school district. For the past 3 years I've been doing homevisits with families of children from birth-age 3, working with families of preemies, children with diagnosed syndromes and some undaignosed, and just plain old developmental delays. I am going to miss my families very very very much. These people allowed me to be a part of their lives for a short time and I feel like they are more than just students and parents but family and friends. I have rejoiced with them through each tiny success and grieved with them through the many trials and setbacks. These are my family and I will miss them. So I am no longer working this summer, it is the first in 3 years that I've had off and Autumn and I will make the most of our full days together and explore Lakeville. Next year I will be working in a classroom for 3 and 4 yr olds who have multiple-severe/profound impairments. It will be a challenge but I am beginning to look foward to it and creating new family connections. We drove down to SD on the 1st of July to celebrate my Daddy's birthday and my brother's birthday (now to get the rest in, Happy Birthday to: Grandma Crosby, Wally, Uncle Ric, Karl, David, Aunt Josie, And Happy Anniversary to Tom and Jen. If I missed anyone I apologize, e-mail me so I get you on my calendar!) We've been really busy down here, playing ladder golf, swinging in the swings, playing in the pool and on the slide, playing with cousin Isaac, watching the fireworks, making s'mores, playing with sparklers, and I'm sure there's more but I'm pooped!

Autumn and Isaac eating dirt covered cheetos and building in the sand, fun fun summer evenings!




Uncle Tom's birthday cake sure was tasty!



Papa is a great helper for dressing baby dolls and Grama lets me help make cookies (even though the dough apparently makes me swell up like a balloon, oops! now we know)






Yes this is a bucket on Autumn's foot! Have you watched Imagination Movers on Playhouse Disney (or on DVD)? Well in one of the episodes the drummer gets a bucket stuck on his foot, and we were pretending that. It was lots of fun!















This is the shirt Autumn got when we went to GS daycamp one day in June. I taught some folk dances to about 200 girls and Autumn had a blast playing with Bugs and Cotton Candy (those would be campnames for those who are confused). She saw a "roo" and a "chinwiwa" (wallaby and a chinchilla) also a snake and turtle and baby ringtailed lemur. There was a traveling animal exhibit there that day.



Autumn's friend likes to come and play, this time they were painting the sidewalk and anything else they could reach with their "paint" (water).







No comments:

Post a Comment