Autumn-a-Saurus

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

MN Winter

I was going to save this for later in the winter but this week works too. It is -11 out right now, yesterday it was -15 with windchills down around -35 to -40!!!!!! This poem was published annonymously in our campus newspaper my freshman year, I clipped it out and still have it. :) The comic was with in but no copyright so I'm putting that in here too.


When it’s winter in Minnesota and the gentle breezes blow
About 70 miles an hour and it’s 52 below,
You can tell you’re in Minnesota, ‘cause the snow’s up to your butt,
And you take a breath of winter air and your nose holes both freeze shut,.
The weather here is wonderful, so I guess I’ll hang around.
I could never leave Minnesota, ‘cause I’m frozen to the ground
Ok, my smartalec husband wrote a response to this poem, here it is:
When it’s winter in Arizona and the sun shine never fades
You wish you’d get a break from all the heat and find some shade
You can tell you’re in Arizona, ‘cause there’s no snow to be found
And the only air you breathe comes with an air conditioned sound
The weather there is wonderful, but to me it would seem strange
I would never leave Minnesota; I like to see the seasons change

No comments:

Post a Comment