Autumn-a-Saurus

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Potty?

We've had this little potty sitting in our bathroom for about a month or two now. This weekend is the first time Autumn has shown any interest in it. She sat on it for about 20 min reading books with mommy and every time I'd say "are you all done" she'd say "no". Eventually she got up. Then she had a babysitter who said she peed a little in the potty. Yesterday I was in the bathroom so Autumn decided that she needed to sit on her potty too. It's so funny, every so often she'll stand up and look in the potty to see if anything happened. She had some success and had this really funny surprised look on her face when she peed. So we put a new diaper on her and she pulled up her pants and then she got a big kick out of pouring the little pot into the big potty and flushing it.

I was reading a message on a list I subscribe to and the teacher, after helping a student who has constipation issues through a bad pooping episode, said: "I feel like a midwife". I like that, I may use it from time to time. :)

A note to grandparents. It would be really nice if you could have a little potty seat that fits on your potty at your house or a potty chair so as we do more and more of this we don't have to lug our potty around with us and then perhaps forget it somewhere. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment