Autumn-a-Saurus

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Mommy's Little Helper

Isn't it funny how little kids think they are helping when they are doing very much the opposite? (well ok, it's not usually funny at the time but later it is). Autumn was "helping" me with the laundry. I washed a load of about 7 bath and hand towels. I was talking to Kurt while folding laundry and after I finally realized that I'd folded probably about a dozen or more towels I watched to see what was happening. As I folded a towel and put it on the stack Autumn was very industriously unfolding them and putting them back in the basket. When I let her know I was onto her game she laughed and laughed, she laughed so hard that she fell down. Well I finally got the towels folded and put away so she started to fill my basket with placemats from the drawer. What you don't see in the video clip is that when she finally got the drawer emptied she climbed inside. She is very into "in" and climbs into anything she can manage to get into, which causes a whole new set of problems. :) Later I tried to put the placemats back in the drawer and she took them out as fast as I put them back in. We played this game for almost 20 minutes without her getting the least bit frustrated with me. Of all the toys we've got for her, the laundry is one of her favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment